Busy running a business and a life
- Did you know that most businesses sell for what they owe the bank?
- Is your business going to fund your future … for sure?
- Are you consciously driving business profit, creating wealth outside your business and saving tax?
GEOFF AND SUE
Geoff and Sue are aged in their late 60’s and after running their successful family business for more than 25 years, wanted to plan for a gradual transfer of their business to the next generation in their family and to plan their life after work.
WHERE WE STARTED
A mix of business succession and life planning issues were…
- Geoff and Sue were busy running their own business and didn’t have their financial life totally in order
- Reliant on the sale of the business to fund their retirement
- Succession planning in the business - they were at the early stages of discussing with family about taking over the business
- They had other real estate assets in their own names as well as the family home.
WHAT WE DID TOGETHER
The key solution for Geoff and Sue was to fund their retirement savings.
- Geoff and Sue negotiated the sale of part of their business to one of their children
- We were able to use generous superannuation concessions available only to business owners to contribute business sale proceeds into superannuation
- We worked to establish retirement income streams for Geoff and Sue
- We managed to build sufficient financial resources that now enables Geoff and Sue to live a comfortable lifestyle with the knowledge that their retirement nest egg is never going to run out.
...AND THE OUTCOMES WERE...
- Geoff and Sue now have tremendous peace of mind knowing they can afford the retirement lifestyle they always wanted for themselves - when they are not spending time between their beach House and their City pad, they love to travel
- Now they are retired they are looking forward to spending time with their first grandchild due in a few months.